Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweat it Out!

This morning I got up, after a long night of tossing and turning, and headed for Bikram! I were little beads of sweat running down my face before I even set foot into the studio. In all seriousness what is up with this weather? I know I probably say this every summer but geeez louiissee this has got to be one of the hottest most humid summers ever!!! It's truculently thundering one minute and blissfully sunny the next. And don't even get me started on the humidity...it's so humid that literally it feels as tough you can swim through the streets.


I won't even get started on my hair. And for those of you who know me know it's all about me and my hair! Not only did I get the worst hair cut ever 3 weeks ago, but its so short that with this humidity I look like I have lion's mane! And I know the fashions from the 80's and 90's are returning but honey when you have a square face with a prominent jawline like mine, a lion's mane is not attractive! Speaking of which, I promise to post some personal pics soon!


In other news, I had a phenomenal post-bikram breakfast! One soft-fried egg with american cheese on 7-grain along with fabulous smoothie consisting of fat-free vanilla yogurt, organic blueberries, strawberries, and a banana with a dash of raw sugar and a healthy squirt of reduced fat milk.


I don't measure any of the ingredients, I randomly start combining ingredients in a blender and after the initial puree adjust ingredients in accordance to taste.


My ultimate-fav smoothie is a honeydew-raspberry smoothie, which unfortunate for me, Trader's was all out of honeydews. C'est la vie....

1 comment:

  1. I will happily volunteer to taste any of these wonderful culinary creations.

    ReplyDelete