Friday, July 16, 2010

The Perfect End to an Imperfect Week!

After what seemed like the longest week ever its finally come to an end...hallelujah!  And I can't think of a better way to end it then with a glass of vino and a perfect plate of aperitifs! 

So what am I having? Glass of Mondavi Cab Sav, sweet cherry tomatoes, few cubes of sharp white cheddar, gouda, and a few slices of pepper crusted salami and prosciutto!  Now I am not a big meat eater. In fact I have been a strict vegetarian for most of my life up until college and over the last three years. Recently I have started incorporating meat back into my diet on a very sparse note (The Suitor couldn't be anymore ecstatic) and I have to admit I do enjoy your occasional piece of meat.


So what’s the lesson here? Moderation. I’m not a dieter. I could never skip a meal or deprive myself of carbs or any other food group to say the least! I will however only eat organic, grass fed and humanely killed meat…wow that’s a mouthful! Now finding such a combination is hard, however if you do your research it's out there. I found out about an “organic, grass fed, and humanely killed” farm in the greater Philadelphia area at a local farmers market. I randomly fell into a conversation with a vendor who shares the same eating habits, who was ever so kind to point me in the direction of such butcheries! And the best part is that they are right in my neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment